8th September 2011. The OpenNebula project announces the availability of OpenNebula 3.0Beta2 (2.9.85), the second preview of the upcoming OpenNebula 3 toolkit. OpenNebula 3 introduces many new components and features for cloud management. With this release, the code base of OpenNebula 3 is feature freeze and the team will concentrate its efforts on polishing and bug fixing.
What’s new in OpenNebula 3.0
What’s new in OpenNebula 3.0 Beta 2
- New authentication methods. Those deployments that require a robust and secure authentication system can use x509 certificates and SSH keys.
- Quota support. The quota service has been moved to the new ACL system and extended to include storage space.
- Sunstone. The OpenNebula management console has been extended to level its functionality with that of the CLI.
Migrating from OpenNebula 3.0 Beta
Migrating from OpenNebula 2.x
- Database, The DB schema has re-design from scratch, to ease the transition you should use the ”onedb” tool to automatically upgrade your system.
- User Interface, There are minor changes in the CLI and user interface. The most notably ones are that now you can reuse names, and that images and networks can not be referenced by name, use NETWORK_ID and IMAGE_ID instead.
- API, New methods have been included for the new features. Also there are a few changes in the current xml-rpc methods.