Compared with other open-source cloud management platforms, OpenNebula comes with all the ingredients needed to build and manage Enterprise Clouds and support production workloads.
OpenNebula is production-ready software
- Single Install and Upgrade Process: OpenNebula comprises all key functionalities for enterprise cloud computing, storage and networking in a single install, and ensures its long term stability and performance through a single integrated patching and upgrade process.
- Stable and Proven: OpenNebula is rigorously tested through an internal quality assurance process and by a large community with scalability, reliability and performance tested on many massive scalable production deployments.
- Support: You can receive best-effort community and SLA-based production support directly from the developers.
OpenNebula easily integrates with third-party tools
- Integration with Data Center Services: OpenNebula is fully platform independent with broad support for commodity and enterprise-grade hypervisor, monitoring, storage, networking and user management services.
- Highly Customizable: Because no two enterprise data centers are the same, OpenNebula can be easily adapted to fit into your data center and leverage existing IT investments.
OpenNebula is a unique software for the management of enterprise clouds
- Virtual Infrastructure Management Adjusted to Enterprise Data Centers: The entities that OpenNebula work with, as abstractions of the physical and virtual resources, are a reflection of the typical resources found in enterprise Data Centers. These data models, a complete life-cycle management, an advanced monitoring and accounting system, and fine-grained multi-tenancy enable advanced techniques for capacity and performance management.
- High Availability and Business Continuity: OpenNebula brings support for high availability architectures, a persistent database backend with support for high availability configurations, and configurable behavior in the event of host, VM, or OpenNebula instance failure to provide easy to use and cost-effective failover solutions.
- Unique Features for Private Clouds: OpenNebula brings the most advanced and innovative enterprise-class functionality for the management of virtualized enterprise data centers and clouds, such as on-demand provision of virtual data centers, external cloud connectors for hybrid cloud computing, self-service portal and catalog, service management, clustering…
And all of these unique features are available in a fully open-source distribution, without requiring proprietary extensions!. So now the question is … What are you waiting for?.
Enjoy the OpenNebula experience!
Executive Director at OpenNebula