Our newsletter contains the highlights of the OpenNebula project and its Community throughout the month.
There are a lot of OpenNebula features currently being worked on that deserve some attention:
- We are working on an upcoming feature with the aim to simplify the management of VM templates that can be deployed on multiple clusters – by creating an automated selection process for the VM networks. Check out the recent post.
- Migrating workloads both to and from KVM to VMware hypervisors will soon be as simple as bread and butter for breakfast. Check out the recent post.
- We are also working on a “self-provisioning” method for Virtual Networks. No longer will Virtual Networks be created only by cloud administrators, but rather, end-users can be given the ability to make changes at the logic level, like changes to IP ranges, to the DNS server, etc.
Keep an eye out for the upcoming version 5.8!
November has been an exciting month for the User Community.
- We hosted the 2018 OpenNebula Conference in Amsterdam on Nov. 12-13, with great enthusiasm and support from the User Community. Take a look at all of the OpenNebulaConf Presentation materials.
- VMworld 2018 in Barcelona was an exciting event, and we at OpenNebula Systems were there to share our insight into how OpenNebula both integrates seamlessly into VMware infrastructures, with vOneCloud, and also offers simple and effective alternatives.
- Packet published an enticing article on OpenNebula’s collaboration with them, and our focus on the upcoming Host Provisioning capability.
- Community members sharing insights on the OpenNebula blog
- LINBIT and OpenNebula announced a Reference Architecture for Container-Native SDS.
- We currently have our 2019 OpenNebula TechDay Call for Hosts open. Take a look at your calendars, and think about planning a TechDay of your own!
- We want your feedback!!
- In the coming weeks, we are going to be sending out an OpenNebula survey, with the intention of learning a bit about how you are using OpenNebula. Please plan to take the time to fill it out, as its purpose is for us to be able to serve you better!
- If you attended the OpenNebulaConf in Amsterdam, and you haven’t submitted your feedback survey, please do so, and let us know what you think!
Let’s welcome in December!