The Enterprise Edition of OpenNebula is a tested, hardened, and production-ready version that incorporates additional bug fixes and software patches with minor enhancements developed by OpenNebula Systems.
While we make all our products open source under the Apache License Version 2.0, the packages of our Enterprise Edition and the Enterprise Tools we’ve created for Corporate Users are distributed under commercial license terms only available to those customers with an active OpenNebula Subscription.
This new release comes with a number of new features:
- vSphere 8 Support: We’ve expanded our compatibility to include support for vSphere 8, ensuring seamless integration and management 🥳
- Optimized Command Implementations: Our team has refined the implementation of commands capable of handling standard input, alongside updates to other commands for better performance.
- OneFlow Template Enhancements: Experience minor optimizations in the oneflow-template instantiate command, especially when using the –multiple option, for more efficient operations.
- Implementing restricted attributes on Images and Virtual Networks to bolster security.
- Snapshot Mode for Incremental Backups: Incremental backups now include a snapshot mode, allowing for change tracking using snapshots rather than CBT checkpoints.
- Custom Path Configurations for Backups: Configure backups to utilize custom paths on the host’s filesystem for restic and rsync.
- Numerous enhancements have been made to the CLI, especially regarding backup management, as well as some oneflow commands now come with more formatting options, enhancing usability and flexibility.
- FireEdge Sunstone Updates:
- VM Group Templates Tab: Check out the new tab for easier management of VM groups. For more details, see our VM Affinity Guide.
- Backup Jobs Tab: Managing backups is now much easier with the Backup Jobs tab in FireEdge Sunstone
- Groups Tab: For group management and configuration, we have added the Groups tab to the new FireEdge Sunstone.
Check the release notes for the complete set of new features and bug fixes.