The OpenNebula Team is very proud to announce the latest release of OpenNebula, code-named “Boomerang”. This is the sixth update release of the OpenNebula 5 series, and as you will have seen in previous beta communications, OpenNebula 5.10 “Boomerang” extends the ongoing development and evolution of OpenNebula with a focus on targeting usability and functional improvements driven by your needs.
Some of the highlights of Boomerang are:
- Revamped Hook Subsystem: The OpenNebula API Hooks Subsystem has been given a fresh, new “makeover”, massively boosting the flexibility to manage events.
- NUMA and CPU pinning: You will be able to define in which NUMA node VMs will be deployed.
- NSX integration: Create and consume NSX networks from within OpenNebula, making network virtualization much simpler for those with VMware infrastructure.
- DPDK support: You can now dramatically increase performance in network-hungry, densely packed VMs.
- 2FA Authentication for Sunstone: Two-Factor Authentication will not only require a username and password, but also a token generated by any of these applications: Google Authentication, Authy or Microsoft Authentication.
Several features in this version release support the advancement of OpenNebula extending to meet the needs at the Edge, and ultimately establishing the robust technology base for ONEedge—a distributed cloud management platform to build your private edge computing environment.
The OpenNebula project would like to thank the community members and users who have contributed to this software release by being active with the discussions, answering user questions, or providing patches for bugfixes, features and documentation.
OpenNebula 5.10 “Boomerang” is considered to be a stable release, and as such an update is available in production environments.
This work has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement ONEedge 880412 🇪🇺.