The Enterprise Edition of OpenNebula is a tested, hardened, and production-ready version that incorporates additional bug fixes and software patches with minor enhancements developed by OpenNebula Systems. While we have made all of our products open source under the Apache 2 license, the packages of the Enterprise Edition and the Enterprise Tools are distributed under commercial license terms to customers with an active OpenNebula Subscription.
⚠️ This version introduces a change in the deploy ID used to identify vCenter VMs. Its purpose is to avoid the collision of the Managed Object References in different vCenter instances since their uniqueness is not guaranteed. Due to its sensitivity, we recommend backing up the database and configuration files first so that you can restore your previous version if needed.
🚀 New features that have been backported to 6.2.2 are:
- Make EXPIRE_DELTA and EXPIRE_MARGIN configurable for CloudAuth.
- Support new CentOS variants on LXC Marketplace.
- Allow to order and filter vCenter imports when using the vCenter Import Tool.
- Show scheduler error message on Sunstone.
- Add error condition to Sunstone list views.
- Better live memory resize for KVM.
- Add Q-in-Q support for Open vSwtich driver.
- Add MTU support for Open vSwtich driver.
- Filter Datastores and Networks by Host on VM instantiation.
- Automatically create VM template in Vcenter when exporting an app from marketplace.
- Improve capacity range feedback in Sunstone.
- Set VM IP not registered by ONE when importing a vCenter VM.
- VM pool list documents include ERROR and scheduler messages so they can be added to list views (e.g. Sunstone).
- Support for cgroup2 on the LXC Driver.
- Support for CPU Pinning using NUMA Topology on the LXC Driver.
- Memory management improvements similar to LXD defaults on the LXC driver.
- Default VM_PREFIX for vCenter VMs can be now be nulified with the empty string.
👾 6.2.2 also fixes several minor issues reported since 6.2.1.