OpenNebula 5.12 “Firework” is now available for download. We offer a big thanks to you, the OpenNebula Community, for your dedicated attention to testing, as we have been able to include fixes for several bugs identified by you since we released the release candidate two weeks ago.
“Firework” is the seventh release of the OpenNebula 5 series. Its main highlights are:
- The much-announced integration with AWS Firecracker for supporting innovative serverless deployments.
- A seamless integration with the Docker Hub Marketplace, permitting direct execution of Docker Hub images using KVM/LXD/Firecracker hypervisors in your OpenNebula cloud..
- New monitoring subsystem, able to scale to thousands of physical hosts and tens of thousands of VMs and better support hypervisors at cloud/edge locations and HA deployments.
- OneFlow has been revamped to achieve significant performance improvements and include new functionality like automatic network creation, support for fenced networking, as well as batch operations on all VMs of the service or a particular role.
- NSX integrated with the Security Groups functionality. New ways for remote accessing your VMs in Sunstone.
- Better SPICE integration, as well as the possibility of automatically authenticating on a Windows VM using a RDP client from Sunstone.
OpenNebula becomes the first Enterprise Cloud management platform for serverless computing. It is not meant to replace existing container orchestration tools, like Kubernetes, but rather to complement them, allowing companies to build and manage their own self-service, multi-tenant serverless cloud where users can easily deploy and orchestrate distributed containerized applications.
To learn more about this amazing new release of OpenNebula, please join our Engineering Team for the presentation webinar we’ll be having on Thursday, June 18 at 11am ET!
Open Source Community Manager at OpenNebula