Users of our Community Edition can now access a new CE Patch Release from our public repository! 🤓 We’ve recently launched the new version 6.8 “Rosette” so, following the release policy we announced in 2020, CE 126.96.36.199 comes with the open source migration packages that you will need to upgrade your old versions to the 6.6 series! 🚀 After this one, we won’t be producing further Patch Releases for OpenNebula 6.6 Community Edition.
The following new features have been backported to 188.8.131.52:
- Backup Operations Efficiency: Restic and Rsync drivers now allow limiting CPU and I/O resources during backup operations. Restic Documentation | Rsync Documentation
- LDAP Enhancement: Added support for nested groups in LDAP.
- OneFlow Custom Attributes: OneFlow Services now supports custom attributes for specific roles. Oneflow Service Management Guide
- Backup Restoration: Restore incremental backups from a chosen increment in the chain.
- Restic Repository Maintenance: Automatic pruning of restic repositories.
- Backup Restoration Customization: Specify the base name for disk images and VM templates during restoration.
- Backup Retention: Implemented a retention policy for incremental backups.
- Cluster Provisions Upgrade: Updated to use Ubuntu 22.04 and Ceph Quincy versions.
- OneStor Fix: Enhanced to support persistent images.
You can find all the issues fixed in 184.108.40.206 here.
⚠️ If you are a Corporate User with an active OpenNebula Subscription, and you haven’t upgraded yet to the latest version OpenNebula 6.8, remember: this CE Patch Release does not apply to your OpenNebula 6.6 Enterprise Edition.