The OpenNebula team is happy to announce that we have reached a stable state for the new 1.4 series of the OpenNebula Toolkit. During these months we have been working on new features that we hope will be helpful to manage your infrastructure. Downloads are available as source code as previous version but we also have created binary packages for RedHat/CentOS, Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora.
We want to thank the people actively using beta versions that provided us feedback to polish features and get rid of bugs before releasing this stable version.
Highlights of OpenNebula 1.4 are…
- EC2 Query API interface for building OpenNebula-based clouds
- OCCI interface for building OpenNebula-based clouds
- Support for the VMware Hypervisor family
- Multiple user support and access-right control for Virtual Machines and Virtual Networks
- Advance contextualization support to integrate VM packs and implement multi-component services
- Easy integration with your data-center services and procedures with a new hook system
- Support block devices as VM images.
- Support for LVM storage
- Many bug fixes, and scalability and performance improvements in several components of the OpenNebula system
- A whole new set of documentation pages, guides and examples
The OpenNebula Team!