The OpenNebula monthly newsletter, with latest developments, events and future plans for the upcoming months from the OpenNebula project. Read this newsletter to keep up to date with your favourite Cloud Management Platform.
The OpenNebulaConf 2016 will be held in Barcelona on the 24-26 of October. The final agenda has already been published, take a look at the interesting keynotes from industry leaders. You also might be interested in taking a look at the sponsorship opportunities. If you are willing to attend, the early bird will be available until 15th of September.
The team is placidly sitting on the beach, sipping on a piña colada…. no is not! The OpenNebula project is always at it, fixing bugs, fine tuning the software so the user experience comes closer to perfection (or so we like to think). It shouldn’t come as a surprise then that 5.0.2 was just released, smoothing some rough around the edges introduced with all the huge list of changes introduced in 5.0 Wizard. This new maintenance release came, among others, with the following bug fixes and minor enhancements:
- Assign IP address to PCI-passthrough devices
- Modify cardinality of VR HA
- New HA guide for Ubuntu
- Groupadmin view for vCenter fixed to create new VMs
- Tie CPU and VCPU in vCenter Cloud View
- Enhanced searches in Sunstone
- Implement oneuser login (login token) in Sunstone
- VM modals fixed in Cloud View
- Cluster ID automatic requirements now admits more than one cluster ID
- Resize for Virtual Router disks as well as cardinality modification
- Block password change for public users
- Fix for several storage issues: DS monitor, vCenter upload among others
- Fix for label display issues in Firefox
It seems like the community is also forgetting about the beach and just working hard! Well, may some of them are on the beach … and who can blame them?
In any case, valuable contributions are being made to the OpenNebula ecosystem. The OpenNebula WHCMS and Blesta modules by CubeData is a long time favorite, especially among users of OpenNebula in the hosting business, namely being able to integrate OpenNebula with a billing platform.
The next OpenNebula Conference in Barcelona in October 2016 will take place 24 to 26 of October. The final agenda has already been published, take a look at the interesting keynotes from industry leaders, and to the different community sessions sharing OpenNebula experiences, and the workshops designed to learn about different OpenNebula aspects. If you are willing to attend, the early bird will be available until 15th of September. Learn about the different sponsorship opportunities in the Conference web page. Current sponsors of the OpenNebulaConf 2016 include StorPool and LINBIT as Platinum Sponsors, NodeWeaver as Gold Sponsors and Terradue and Todo En Cloud as Silver Sponsors. If you want to understand what all the OpenNebula Conference fuzz is about, check the last Conference material (talks, slides,pictures).
Besides the TechDays already celebrated (in Kuala Lumpur, Sofia, Madrid, Dallas, Toronto, Cambridge, Ede, Nuremberg), this last month members of the OpenNebula team participated in a TechDay in Dublin, with an excellent turnout and very interesting talks, like the one by Stuart Kenny telling us how they use OpenNebula in the digital repository of Ireland, or John Walsh showing how they use OpenNebula at SCSS.
Our friends at Netways also help greatly in spreading the work, kudos!. Like this presentation about OpenNebula and Foreman in the Foreman Birthday event.
Members of the OpenNebula team will be present in the following events in upcoming months:
- VMworld 2016 US, August 28 – September 1, Las Vegas (Mandalay Bay Hotel & Convention Center), Nevada, US.
- VMworld 2016 Europe, October 17 – 20, Barcelona (Fira Barcelona Gran Via), Spain.